“Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to paradise easy for him.” (Hadith Bukhari)
Modern day life seems to have made us very busy than usual, but when giving some thought our amount of time hasn't changed we still have the same 24 hours. In the midst of our busy lifestyle we have a responsibility to seek knowledge to live a life of righteousness in preparation for the Hereafter.
It is very important to keep ourselves educated on the beautiful religion of Islam. Allah subhanahu wa ta-ala has commanded us to seek knowledge, regardless of age and gender. Therefore, we hope this will help to guide you towards investing your time and money in books and you can become the best version of yourselves in order to please our Creator.
Below is a list of books that we have found to be very informative and enlightening that can be read by both Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
Knowledge about the Quran
- Abdur Raheem Kidwai - Daily Wisdom Selections from the Holy Quran
- Muhammad Abdel Haleem - Understanding the Quran
- Dr Yasir Gadhi - Lessons from Surah al-Kahf
- Abd al-Hamid Kishk - The world of the Angels
- Ibn Daud - A handbook of Spiritual Medicine
- Yasmin Mogahed - Reclaim your Heart
- Hamza Andreas Tzortzis - The Divine Reality: God, Islam and the Mirage of Atheism
- A. Helwa - Secrets of Divine Love: A Spiritual Journey Into the Heart of Islam
- Aid al-Qarni - You Can Be the Happiest Woman in the World
Knowledge about the Prophets
- Safiur Rahman Mubarakpuri - When the Moon Split
- Imam Bukhari - Al-Adab Al-Mufrad
- B. B. Abdulla - Timeless Seeds of Advice
- Hafiz Ibn Kathir - Stories of the Prophets
Women in Islam
- Reşit Haylamaz - Khadija: The First Muslim and the Wife of the Prophet Muhammad
- Reşit Haylamaz - Aisha: The Wife, the Companion, the Scholar
- Muhammad Al-Hashimi - The ideal Muslimah
- Mahmood Ahmad Ghadanfar - Great Women of Islam
Please leave a review below if you have read any of these books or if you want to share your favourite books with us.
For any questions or queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org